Thanks for your question.
I’m not sure which clinic you are referring to, but I can give you information about two clinics operated by the BCCDC:
Provincial STI Clinic (655 West 12th Ave, Vancouver, BC):
- Clinic open Monday-Saturday, hours vary
- Doctors on staff everyday
- Appointments recommended – Some days there is drop-in, but generally this clinic is by appointment only. If you need drop-in you can call the clinic that day and ask if they have drop-in.
Bute St. Clinic at Qmunity (1170 Bute St, Vancouver, BC):
- Clinic open Monday-Friday, 11am-6:30pm
- Doctors are on staff all day Monday, Tuesday, Thursday; Doctors are only available after 3pm on Wednesday. There is no doctor at the clinic on Friday.
- Drop-in only – Clinic operates on a drop-in basis with two daily sign-up sheets: 1st sign-up sheet goes up at 11am, and 2nd at 3pm. Clients can come and sign-up any time after the sheets have been posted, and will be seen on a “first come, first serve” basis. Note: Appointments are used for client’s on PrEP.
Hope this helps. Please feel free to leave a comment below or submit another question.