Ask us

You are here

Hi, I am 28 years old. I am still virgin though because I have sex phobia. I tried to have intercourse with multiple guys but because I am scared too much I have not been successful yet to have a complete sex. However I just played around just rubbing without underwear. The thing because the guys did not feel enough they did not agree to use condoms. As i said earlier I did not have sex bus just rubbing against each other without any protection. I am very worried now for any kind of infection. How can I do the test, I am very worried. Thanks for your time answering my question.


Have a look at our “Know your chances” web page, it provides information on your chances of getting or passing an STI depending on how you are having sex. We have a section on genital to genital contact with or without fluids as there are some STI that can be passed with genital to genital contact.

I would recommend coming into one of our clinics to discuss your situation. It can be helpful to talk with a health care provider about your individual situation. We find that it can be difficult to enjoy sex if someone is worried about getting an STI /pregnant, being pressured etc… There are many different ways to have sex and talking with a health care provider could help you work out what type of sex you would enjoy most. They could also discuss what types of STI to test for.

If you are in the Vancouver area the Provincial STI clinic would be a good place to visit.

If you live somewhere else in BC Canada you can always have a look at our clinic finder for a clinic in your area.

Please leave a comment to let us know if this answers your question or if you need more information.

Health Nurse

For other readers, please feel free to leave a comment, or let us know if this was helpful.

This answer was posted on October 15, 2015

Community comments

No comments yet.

Add a comment

Log in or register to post comments