A service provided by the BC Centre for Disease Control
I think I have genital warts and I may have caused it to spread by shaving over them. How can I get them removed and where can I go ? Do they need to be tested first ?

Hi, sometimes changes in the genital skin are more noticeable when shaving. It is advisable to see a health care provider at an STI clinic as they will be able to tell you if there are genital warts or not.  Sometimes shaving can spread a bacterial infection of the hair follicles that appear as red bumps. Many STI clinics have genital wart treatment available.  There is no testing for genital warts. They are diagnosed by having a skin assessment done in person. To find a clinic near you, see  smartsexresource.com/get-tested/clinic-finder Health Nurse

This answer was posted on November 23, 2017

Community comments

No comments yet.

Add a comment

Log in or register to post comments