Ask us

You are here

I'm 35 years old and have been trying to conceive for about 6 months. I don't have a GP and would like to have a pap and pelvic exam done to confirm that I'm healthy, it's been over 5 years since my last. Is it appropriate to go to the local options for sexual health clinic in Kitimat for this? Can they refer me to a doctor here if I need one? Or is there a better option for finding a local doctor for fertility concerns? Thank you for your help.

Hi, and thank you for your question

Yes, the local Options for Sexual Health Clinic in Kitimat can absolutely see you for a PAP screen and pelvic exam. I’ve linked the contact information page for the Kitimat Clinic here. I don’t have any specific information about connecting with a family doctor or fertility specialist in your area, however the nurses and physicians at the Opt clinic should definitely be able to help you get started and may be able to refer you to a local GP for follow up

Let us know if this does not answer your question or if you have any more questions or concerns.
Health Nurse

This answer was posted on December 6, 2019

Community comments

No comments yet.

Add a comment

Log in or register to post comments