Ask us

You are here

The string attached to my penis has torn off and a piece of it is still in contact with the tip of my penis, just not the foreskin. What can I do in this situation?


I am unsure if I understand what happened to you so let me know if I got this wrong. It sounds like you may have ripped the frenulum. The frenulum is the elastic band of tissue under the head of the penis (glans penis) and connects to the foreskin.

If you did rip off the frenulum I would recommend that you go to a clinic and have it looked at. Depending on how bad it is they may be able to help you in the clinic or they may send you to a specialist like an urologist.

Let us know if you need help finding a clinic in your area or if you have any further questions or concerns.

Health Nurse

This answer was posted on March 28, 2019

Community comments

No comments yet.

Add a comment

Log in or register to post comments