A service provided by the BC Centre for Disease Control
Where can I accept aids treatment? Have to do with my family doctor or can go any specific place without family doctor involved?


In BC Canada there are a number of different places that offer HIV treatment.

There is also a number of different ways you can receive that treatment in BC. For example.

1. You can go see a HIV specialist without your family doctor even knowing you have HIV.
2. You could receive treatment from your family doctor who is working with a doctor who is specialized in HIV treatment.
3. You could see one doctor for your HIV care and then go see another doctor for other health concerns.

A good resource for treatment information and local doctor’s is the positive living society “peer navigator services”

You could also come and talk with one of the nurses at the Bute street clinic for more information.

Please leave a comment to let us know if this answers your question or if you need more information.

Health Nurse

For other readers, please feel free to leave a comment, or let us know if this was helpful.

This answer was posted on July 17, 2014

Was this helpful? Please tell us why
Categories: Clinics and Services
Search more on: HIV

Community comments

No comments yet.

Add a comment

Log in or register to post comments