The BC Centre for Disease Control is offering a self-directed online course Overview of Syphilis for Healthcare Providers in BC for clinician in British Columbia.
The online course provides clinicians with the key foundational knowledge to support their role in the clinical recognition, screening and appropriate testing, treatment and follow-up of syphilis cases.
This course is for all healthcare providers involved with the case management and follow up of syphilis cases and their contacts.
What are the goals of the course?
- Increase awareness of the public health importance and burden of illness of syphilis in Canada and BC;
- Increase capacity for syphilis diagnosis and management among providers;
- Offer providers further resources and tools in effective, strengths-based, person-led sexual health communication – with an emphasis on cultural safety and humility.
How can I access the course?
- Self-registration is available through LearningHub
- Click the Register button – this will take you to the LearningHub login page
- From there you can log into your existing LearningHub account or create a new account.
What else should I know?
- Most people will take 2 hours to complete the course.
- A certificate of completion is available to learners who have completed all course requirements.
- The Syphilis Overview course is accredited by the Division of Continuing Professional Development at the University of British Columbia Faculty of Medicine (UBC CPD).
- Completion of the course is eligible for up to 2.0 Mainpro+/MOC Section 3 credits.
For more information
For any questions about the course, please contact the email@example.com