For health providers
You are here
The Wellspring Conference: Encounters with Trauma, Hope, and Healing
Jun 14, 2013 by BCCDC
October 25th - 26th, 2013
This two day conference will take place on October 25-26th 2013, at St. Paul's Hospital (1081 Burrard Street) in Vancouver, BC. The event will focus on the science of relational and situational trauma, and will explore the journey of healing from the effects of trauma.
The Wellspring Conference will provide an experiential forum for health professionals and community workers to build skills that support the practices of trauma informed care. The conference will concentrate on the individual and social effects of both discrete episodes of trauma and pervasive developmental trauma.
The conference program includes:
- Signs and symptoms of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Developmental trauma and complex trauma
- Principles of trauma informed care for service providers
- Current neuroscience of trauma
- The social context of traumatization
- The effects of colonization and intergenerational trauma
- Substance misuse and process addictions
- The role of healing modalities such as music, movement, body oriented therapies, gardening, art therapy, yoga, meditation and storytelling.
The conference will feature keynote speakers, workshop and panel presentations, as well as poster presentations throughout the venue. Participants are encouraged to share their knowledge of working alongside people who have experienced trauma. The conference will provide opportunities for networking and building a community of support for those engaged in this work.
Categories: Events and announcements